It's Monday.
Monday is one of my laundry days.
Thursday is the other one.
I find that with two laundry days my laundry load (no pun intended) stays manageable. Otherwise, I get overwhelmed.
I get overwhelmed easily.
Most of my laundry today is in our large suitcase;
Waiting to be unpacked and washed from our wonderful, sunny, weekend.
It was hard to get into the car and head back yesterday, because the temperature was 60 degrees.
60 degrees and sunny is heavenly.
Brianna got to plop herself down in the wet red dirt and dig.
Ben climbed trees and beat his dad at the actual old-fashioned Battleship game.
We went to a park where the kids played on the swings, the slides, and on several twisty-spinny playground things that I'd never seen anywhere else.
James and I were able to go to the temple, and even stayed awake for most of the session.
I love the temple.
Caspian got to play at a dog park, and with his doggy-cousin.
James' parents fed us fabulous food, and we laughed and visited.
Great-Grandpa was a delight, as usual, and the kids each ended up with a crisp one dollar bill from him.
Now, James is at work.
Ben is at school.
Brianna is playing in the bathtub.
Caspian is in the backyard (he can hardly bring himself to go out in the 30 degree weather now).
And I'm writing this post.
When I'm done I'll sort the laundry, start a load of darks, and unload and load the dishwasher.
It's Monday, afterall.
You know, Mondays aren't so bad after a wonderful, love-filled, sun-filled, family-filled weekend!
Family pic 2020
2 months ago
9 comments:
Loved this. Glad you had a good weekend in the sun!
Good for you. So glad it was all you needed and more.
Sounds absolutely wonderful. PS...those are my laundry days too. Mondays for sheets and towels. Thursday for the rest of the clothes. I hate Thursdays laundry the most.
I think we must all be home doing laundry on Mondays!! I should pick another set day to do the rest but sometimes it's wed, thurs, friday or saturday! (As long as it gets done, right?!)
Sounds like you had a heavenly weekend.
Those who were left in the sun waving good-by had a wonderful time too! It was a grand weekend, and since my devil boss has taken away my three-day weekends, it was my second to last one to enjoy. I am so sad tonight. Love you all, thanks for coming, MOM M.
60 degrees sounds like a myth at this point.
How wonderful for you to spend some time with your family! Even the mundane tasks that we have to complete each day seem better after a nice break. For me, I would gladly do laundry on Monday instead of going to the office! Sadly Eric is the one saddled with the responsibility for laundry. In the ten years he has been doing it, I don't think he has figured out the advantage of having set days. Oh well, that is why I own lots of clothes!
I LOVE Mondays!!!
But maybe that's just because my most difficult day has ended and is a week away! (4 little ones, 1:00 church, the Sacrament mtg. 'wrestling matches', etc.) :)
I do feel very optimistic about the week on Monday mornings, though.
BTW, I love reading your posts. I always leave feeling uplifted, inspired, or validated. I've been meaning to tell you for awhile now. Thanks!
i always did laundry on mondays and thursdays too. i liked doing it on 2 days instead of dragging it out every day.
Post a Comment