Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Silly Poem

Sometimes we wish
we had a third hand
To help to accomplish
All our demands.

But listen to me
And soon you will see
All of the trouble
That third hand would be.

When your friend desires
A big party to host,
She'll ask for your hands,
Because you've got the most.

When working the garden
Your spouse will want you.
For your hands can dig,
And plant, and water it too.

At Church you will serve
In the Nursery, no doubt.
At once you give snacks,
Wipe tears, and wipe snouts.

Oh wait just one minute!
We already do!
We do help, and dig, and wipe!
And we do it with TWO!


So, what would you do differently if you did have a third hand? (And, as long as we're pretending, pretend that that wouldn't be weird.)

9 comments:

kjha said...

That is absolutely hilarious! What a picture I have in my head right now!

I have two little hands,
I'll never wish for three,
any more and I'd be more tired, than I already be! :)

Catherine said...

I like that poem! Did you make it up?
I always wished I had a third hand when I had a newborn baby I was trying to nurse. ;)

Lindy-Lou said...

That was so fun and clever! And kjha has added to the fun. Kind of intimidating, actually.

What would I do with 3 hands? Hold Abby with one, and comment more on your blog.

Sorry it didn't rhyme. Maybe if I had more time. ;-)

Leslie said...

Yes, Catherine, those are my amazing rhyming skills! And my A.P. English teacher said I was no good at poetry!?

Jen said...

I would properly dry my hair with a round brush. This surely requires a third hand.

Tiffany said...

Love it! I don't want a third hand. Two are wearing me out!

JAMES M said...

I suppose with a third hand I could assist myself in surgery. (I wonder if I could bill for the extra assistant?)

Mama D said...

Fantastic poem, Leslie! Your English teacher was clearly wrong. Great comments, too.

I can't decide what I'd do with a third hand. I'd probably be asked to do more than I already do, and I'm stretched pretty thin as it is!

Anonymous said...

If I had a third hand I would probably be raising it all the time asking if I could be excused for the rest of the afternoon.

Dad C