Friday, February 27, 2009

Moon Sand and The Invisible Man

The other day, we were all a bit on edge, and getting on each other's nerves. I remembered that I had a brand new package of Moon Sand in the top of my closet. I had purchased it for Ben for Christmas, but then decided to hold off. I decided it was time to break it out. It was a gorgeous day, nearly 70 degrees and sunny. So, I poured out the Moon Sand into a big plastic bin, and we all went out onto the patio. The kids LOVED the Moon Sand, and they played and played -- NICELY and PEACEFULLY -- for well over an hour. I felt like a good mom for that time frame. Let me just say, though, that I am VERY glad that I didn't give this to Ben in December! This is definitely an OUTDOOR activity, unless you are less picky about sand on your floors; OR your kids are older and cleaner at play.


It really is a great activity, and it gets us out of the house, using imaginations, and cooperating (well, relatively speaking.)


The other morning, Ben was taking a LONG time to get dressed. Finally he came down all dressed for school. A short time later, I needed to get something from his room. That's when I ran into HIM! Yes, the invisible man really does exist!!


9 comments:

Lindy-Lou said...

A new reason to smile and be amazed every day. Actually two reasons. One is named Ben and the other Brianna.

You are such a good mom. And wise.

Tiffany said...

The invisible man melted me. So cute.

Carrie said...

I love Moon Sand! And the invisible man is so darling :)

Mama D said...

That invisible man made me laugh! The moon sand is a great activity for the kids. I've heard some parents say they don't like it. The difference in opinion must have something to do with keeping it *outside*!

I'm jealous of your weather. We had 60s a few days ago, but it will be in the 30s this weekend! I'm ready for spring!

Cassie Rakes said...

70 degrees, I think I need to have a serious talk with Jeremie! I am so jealous we have been itching to play outside, it looked like it was a lot of fun. Love the outfit too.

Leslie said...

Wel I liked it.But it wasn't so cool.AND I DO'NT WONT YOU USE'ING MY STUF.

Benjamin

Ash said...

kids are the best!!

chelle said...

That's a great ideea for moon sand!

I bet you had a great laugh running unto Mr. Invisible. I am still laughing.

Patty said...

I agree with Lindy-Lou... you have two fabulous kids! The sand looks like a lot of fun!