I am a (somewhat) mature woman. I am a mother of two beautiful children. I manage our home (not always to my expectations). I serve in a calling at my Church. I try to be a good friend and a responsible, unselfish adult. However, no matter how I tried to reason with myself, I could not shake the feeling. So, I made the call:
Me: "I WANT MY MOMMY!!!"
My mommy: "How bad is it?"
Me: "Pretty bad. But, I'm an adult, so if you tell me that I have to just 'suck it up' then I will."
My mommy is coming for a visit!!!! I realized that it will have been a year since I last saw her (and my daddy, but he thinks he needs to work or something;)). No wonder I miss them!
Thanks, Mommy! And, thanks, Daddy, for letting me borrow your sweetheart!
10 comments:
Yes, after a year, you definitely deserve a visit! I hope you have lots of fun!
Can hardly wait! Do you think Brianna will talk to me just as much in person, or will I have to hide in another room with my cell phone so she can call me and jabber? :-)
mom c.
A year? Yes, it's time! Let us know when so we won't bug you about your "mature woman" duties ;)
I'm excited for you. I adore your mommy too! Have a fun visit
Sometimes, we all need our mommy. I'm so glad that mom can come pay you a visit. That is awesome.
Hooray! I'm so glad your mom can come. I don't think I'll ever be so old that I won't need my mom every once in a while.
What do you think the chances are that I can sneak into Grandma's suitcase?
Hooray for wonderful moms who are able to come visit when needed! Enjoy your visit.
Enjoy every minute you can with your mom! I remember how much I loved being able to call my mom or see her when I could. Now, I am left with the memories. I am so glad I have them but at 55, I still sometimes want my mom and wish I could make more of them!
I understand the feelings sometimes I wish I could call Dad and talk with him. Wished I could come with mom and wrestle those kids and help you.
Post a Comment