Some wonderful, enlightening quotes from a wonderful, enlightening book I am reading: Bonds That Make Us Free, by C. Terry Warner.
We cannot find [others] irritating without becoming irritated persons ourselves, nor can we find them worthwhile without becoming appreciative persons ourselves. Who we are is who we are with others. How they seem to us is a revelation of ourselves.
Personal identity and personal relationships are the same thing seen from two different angles.
To the extent that we can come to see others differently, we can undergo a fundamental change, a change in our being, a change of our emotions and attitudes, a change of heart.
Everything depends upon what we are becoming, and what we are becoming depends upon how true we are to the deep, gentle, and irrepressible invitation to do right by our fellow beings and before God.
I am enjoying feeling enlightened each time I pick this book up. Be warned, however, that the enlightenment is accompanied by an uncomfortable feeling as truths are revealed about how and why we/I treat others the way we/I do. However, without the enlightenment, and the discomfort, there would likely be little to no improvement in ourselves/myself.
I highly recommend this book, even though I have not yet finished it. So, what are you reading today??
Family pic 2020
2 months ago
8 comments:
I am also reading this book, only really, really slow. I am also reading the Five Thousand Year Leap by Skousen. Mary and Joseph by Marcum. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. Jesus the Christ. My sunday school lesson and numerous magazines. Needless to say I am not finishing anything very fast! Mom M.
I just finished reading Twilight by Stephanie Meyers. It's allegedly the new Harry Potter-type phenom. It was good. Great read for October!
I am reading the second book by Stephenie Meyer "New Moon"..which I am almost done with and will be needing to get the 3rd. I love these books.
Your book sounds great. Might have to switch things up a bit and get more spiritually fed with my reading! I am a sucker for a good book.
Your blog.
I just picked up the new release from Richard Paul Evans called The Gift. I read a few pages last night, but had work to do so didn't want to go too far so that I couldn't put it down. He is one of my favorite authors. Have not heard about the Stephanie Meyers books...will have to find out more.
Thanks for the thoughts. I will have to read this book.
I have started "Simplify" by Carolyn J. Rasmus. I underline as I read, and already I know this one will be covered in red ink by the time I'm done! I will likely end up writing a blog post about it, as well.
I'm reading "Finding Love Cemetery", which is all about Texas' history with slaves and how a group of people re-claimed an old cemetery and cleaned it up. My description stinks, but it really is a good book!
I'm reading "Bleachers" by John Grisham for the second time right now. We are also reading "Julius Caesar" in English.
Bleachers=Awesome
Julius Caesar=Hard to understand, difficulty wit getting into it, big words that nobody uses.
Post a Comment