Brianna is growing so fast! She is just full of spunk and energy! She definitely doesn't see herself as a "baby". She is 15 months, going on 15 years! Yesterday, she headed out to the car with Ben when it was time to take him to school. I followed right behind, but by the time I got there, she had already climbed into her car seat and was trying to buckle herself in. When I started to buckle her, she got soooo mad! She wanted to do it herself!!!
She is very independent, which is a nice contrast to Ben. Ben just barely started buckling himself into the car, and he still asks for help at times. They enjoy each other so much. I just love to hear them giggling together!
She is such a happy child, with a flair for adventure! Today she, Ben, and I were playing in his room. She had climbed up onto his child-sized recliner and was excitedly jumping around. All of a sudden, she threw herself, forcefully, over the side of the chair. I lunged and caught her leg, which kept her from full impact. I thought she would be shaken up, but she stood up with a smile and a giggle, and climbed back up to do it over and over! What a funny girl!!
Her hair is getting longer and longer. Her bangs hang into her eyes right now. She won't keep a clip in her hair for anything now. Today, her hair was driving me crazy hanging in her eyes, and so I put a clip in. She immediately took it out. I put it back in. She took it out. I put it back in. She forcefully removed it from her hair, threw it in my face, pointed her index finger at me and shook it, and then shook her head "no!" I don't think we'll have to worry about teaching her to be assertive!
At the grocery store, she HATES sitting in the cart -- again, she doesn't see herself as a baby. She will be absolutely happy and content, so long as I let her "help" me push the cart. I don't think there is anything cuter! She is pretty strong, and holds on just below where the leg holes are for the kid seat, puts her head down, and pushes with all her might. If I'm not careful, when I've stopped to pick something out, she'll push the cart as far as she can, until she runs into something! We get lots of smiles and comments at the grocery store -- of course, the smiles don't usually come from the people she's run into!
Whenever she is around other kids her age or younger, she turns into a little "mother". It is so cute. Lots of hugs and kisses! And, if they have hair, she can barely contain herself. She just HAS to touch it. She is very gentle and strokes their hair, and pats them lovingly! What an angel!
Family pic 2020
2 months ago
11 comments:
Oh, how I want to get my hands on her and give her a big hug! Can't you come visit soon?
Your daughter is truly amazing! I'm sad that your family won't be around forever in the TriState. Thank goodness for blogs. I can just imagine Brianna patting other little ones, too cute!
Oh Leslie! You are such a good mother. I would go nuts at the grocery store if Carter had that idea. Are your grocery trips twice as long now?
You may have to start shopping at Kroger...they have the little kid cart. Olivia has dubbed it as her FAVORITE store for that one thing!
Leslie, thanks for sharing. I love the way you write about your kids. You're awesome.
I remember when Nate was about that age and he also refused to sit in the shopping cart. We would strap him in as tightly as we dared and that dang kid was/is so flexible he would worm his way out of the straps and STAND UP in the seat. Yikes! It's amazing he survived his early childhood.
Brianna is a doll! I can imagine her pushing the grocery cart! Isn't it amazing how different our kids can be?!
Katie and Laura especially were restless in the cart and always wanted to help push. It takes longer, but you have fewer tears! Of course, you also have the added stress of them hiding under the clothes racks and not answering your calls for them to come because they have decided on a spontaneous and unannounced game of hide-and-seek! This is why I shop "child-less" as often as possible! I have even resorted to trading babysitting with a friend so each of us could shop alone. School hours are wonderful for this type of thing. There are a lot of aspects of toddler-hood I miss, but this is NOT one of them!!
I have given up trying to shop with Christopher. He won't ride in the cart either and wants to knock everything off the shelf. The library is a nightmare right now too.
Brianna is just like her Dad. He had no fear as a child. And he was sweet and gentle (Most of the time) with his little sisters. Good luch keeping up with her! Mom M.
You must have incredible patience. I can barely make it through a trip to the grocery store with my boys. If my baby insisted on pushing the cart, I think I'd give up! I love your Brianna stories - she seems like a character!
And today on the phone she said quite clearly, "Hi Grandma!" What a darling baby girl.
John, I remember so well how Nate would stand up in his high chair throughout dinner. It scared me to death, but you all seemed to have accepted it as normal for him. And he survived babyhood and toddlerhood remarkably well.
Wow! She's almost as smart as my kids. *grin*
Can hardly wait until your closer so wer can get to know her better. You are so wonderful to keep us posted and sending pictures. We love you and your little family soooooo much.
Dad C
Post a Comment