Friday, September 7, 2007

Kindergarten, Grandparents, and Butterflies, Oh MY!



We were so blessed to have James' parents visit with us all last week. It was so fun! We made a lot of great memories, and they spoiled us, as usual. We visited the waterpark, and the US Air Force Museum, and sent Ben off to his first days of Kindergarten! We love them so much and are so grateful that we had that opportunity to spend such great one on one time with them.








Ben was a little nervous on his first day of school.



He cheered up a little when I tried to wear his backpack.






Here he is exiting James' parents rental van on his way into Kindergarten for the first time.























And here we are in his classroom on the first day of school! Yay! We made it! No tears, and he did great! Ben is loving school so far.






Brianna just loved her Grandpa! Here, she's settled herself down into his lap with one of her favorite books, and a make-shift desk.



Ben and his daddy had caught some caterpillars; they had turned into chrysalises; and while Grammie and Grandpa were here, the first one hatched!! Sooo cool!

Ben did Grammie's hair! Ooooh, how pretty!

Then, they made silly faces together for the camera! (I'm sure Mom is soooo happy that I'm posting this :)

Here Ben is getting ready to fly an F-15. Brianna and I are part of the Ground Crew!

Trust me, Brianna takes her work VERY seriously. She did NOT like it when we had to leave!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!Congrats to Ben on his first day of Kindergarten and congrats on having fun visitors for a week.

Corrie- said...

Ben is terrific hair stylist, maybe he should just skip kindergarten and go straight to beauty school! James' parents sound like fantastic grandparents and quite the troopers!

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty significant memory for Ben and his "other" grandparents. Great pics! Thanks for recording such an important day. I love the thoughtful one of Ben before leaving for school. How fun. Robin is a great playmate.

Anonymous said...

I thought the 'butterflies' were the ones in Ben's tummy. That is awesome! How beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Dear Leslie,
I suppose it's time to fess up that I love reading your blog. I feel like a closet blogger because I read a few, and don't write my own. I'm afraid of getting addicted. You are so cool. I still think you're practically perfect! Take care and know I'm sneaking a peak at your life! Kathryn (Hicken) Agren :)

Shayleen Lunt said...

Hooray for Ben! So there were no tears on either side of the classroom door? (I don't know how I'll take it when Olivia's big day comes.) It looks like James has great parents and you all enjoyed the time spent together. I guess I'll say "thanks" to them for the ham too ;)

Leslie said...

Kathryn! Hello! I'm so glad that you read my blog! I miss you. You, of all people, should have a blog. You are one of the funniest, most insightful people I know! Love you, and welcome!

Anonymous said...

I'm totally jealous of people who think to take pictures at all the right times. Thanks Leslie for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I'm a little late, time to confess I haven't had time to read your blog lately. Thanks for the memories, the wonderful week and my (ours, I love sharing with the Crowley's) grandkids. I'm in therapy now, trying to get over the fact that Brianna preferred Grandpa over Grammie! Mom M.

Becky said...

What a great week! The kindergarten milestone! Grandparents visiting! My favorite is Ben styling Robin's hair! He did a pretty darn good job too!
Aunt Becky