Monday, September 10, 2007

Call It My IV Cocktail

Yesterday, after wrestling a nap-deprived Brianna and an unusually unruly Ben through Sacrament meeting, and then teaching Sunbeams at the last minute, I asked James if he could write me a prescription for IV patience. He informed me that it was a controlled substance beyond his authority or training to prescribe. . . . Dang it.

That got me to thinking of all of the things I would like to have in IV form:

Patience, of course.
Humor - extra-strength, please.
Wisdom - who couldn't use more?
Motivation - specifically targeting the cells that control cleaning of the dishes and taking care of the laundry.
Financial Intelligence - this doesn't come naturally to me.
Creativity - I hear it comes in handy.
Deseret Book's Time Out For Women - I got to go Saturday! Seriously awesome and totally inspiring!
Tolerance - sometimes I could use an extra dose, especially when dealing with non-customer oriented employees at businesses.
Oh, more Motivation - this time targeting the eating right and exercising cells!

I thought about chocolate, but that kind of defeats the purpose, right? I mean, I want to TASTE the chocolate!!

So, what would you put in your IV cocktail?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sleep, food, lots of energy, and then I'd just go and go and go. Wait, that's what I do now!

Jen said...

We were once debating what Super Powers we would most like to possess. Invisibility and flying were top choices. I chose Super Human Patience. Let me tell you, I could use it!

Oh, and I totally hear you on the Sacrament meeting wrestling match. When we were in the Spanish branch, my husband sat on the stand every week and I wrangled the boys solo. What a challenge!

Corrie- said...

I would IV in motivation and ditto on the patience. I really good at bossing others around, but not so good at bossing myself. And I agree with the TimeOut for Women high. I would probably puff that.

Anonymous said...

Every week at church we try to recreate some part of the Ringling Bros. & Barnum & Bailey circus.

So, I would like elephant training in my IV, as well as some good old-fashioned hearing loss.

Plus, all of your list. I like your list.

Shayleen Lunt said...

If I told you all the things I wish I could have more of in an IV, you would know all my faults (not that I'm very good at hiding them anyway)! Great post! You are so creative!

Anonymous said...

Les, your Ode to Tiff and Ryan was so perfect. Ms. Clark would definitely be proud. I am. I hope you save that one. (Sorry this doesn't relate to your blog, but I forgot to mention it on Tiff's.)

Andi Sherwood said...

In my IV, I would like...

Balance - lots of it, please
Munchies reducer
Extra three hours in the day or ability to sleep three hours less at night and still remain totally happy and sane

:)

Mama D said...

I love the image of receiving an IV of all these characteristics! My list echoes your list... plus the balance that someone else said.

I would also have to add the chocolate. (However, I'd still eat it in its solid state as well!) Choc in almost any form is a blessing that makes all problems seem smaller and more manageable!!