When I picked up Brianna after Kindergarten the other day she said,
"We had a lockdown today."
"You had a lockdown today?"
"Yes, we had to go into the dark closet and stay very quiet. I was shivering I was so scared. Then I said a prayer, and Jesus telled me that it was just a drill."
Wow.
I'm very glad it was just a drill.
I'm very sad that "lockdown drills" are necessary.
I'm very glad that my daughter knew to pray.
I'm very glad that she received a comforting answer.
Hug your children a little closer today.
I will.
Family pic 2020
2 months ago
5 comments:
What a special experience for her. I'm so glad it was only a drill, too. :)
What a heart-stopping experience - for her and for you! I'm glad she thought to pray and that she felt peace.
I'm sure you know this and will refer to this experience again, but it is an excellent way to help her learn to recognize the Lord in her life.
Scarey times we live in...you have taught her well for her to know to pray. Love your family. Cindy
Thanks, mom, for teaching her to pray. Those early lessons with the spirit are anchors for life.
Wow, that is really scary. I am glad it was only a drill too. Hugged my kids. :)
Post a Comment