Friday, October 22, 2010

If you break up your writing, does that make it poetry?

A black cat

ran across the road

in front of me

today.

I just laughed

because

he had missed his cue.

You see, it was YESTERDAY that

I backed my car

into another car

in my driveway;

destroying my back bumper

and their front bumper.

And it was earlier this morning when

I went to my scheduled pre-op appointment

for my LASIK procedure

on Monday,

that they informed me that my surgery is on

TUESDAY!

"No," I said, "I'm scheduled for MONDAY."

"No," she said, "We never do that surgery

on Mondays!

"I don't know where

You would have gotten that idea." she said.

"You wrote it on my paperwork." I said.

And I showed her the paperwork.

I still don't know

if I will or will not

be having surgery

on Monday.

When I got home

a person near and dear to my heart called

in tears.

Her burdens are heavy.

Her hope is slim.

I reminded her to breathe,

And I counted my blessings;

For they are many.

So, little black cat,

wherever you are,

thanks for the laugh.

8 comments:

Patty said...

I think you've found the secret of poetry!! I really enjoyed this.

Erin said...

I'm convinced it's poetry. And I'm sorry for the crummy week! Hope it gets worked out soon!

Lildonbro said...

It felt like a poem!

Jesse C said...

Great post. Sorry about the bad luck.

Amy said...

Love it! Hope you're doing well. Love you!

Lindy-Lou said...

It's good to get the bad luck out of your system before year's end. Now you're set for a lovely holiday season.

BTW, welcome back! I've missed hearing from you here. Missed your humor and your wisdom. Glad it's not my only connection. ;)

Mama D said...

You're a poet!

Hope things went well with your surgery. I'm happy to read a post from you again. I miss you!

Eyelashes by Brandy said...

It does make it more poetic! I love reading your stuff...