Well, apparently Blogger isn't going to let me move my pictures around like I want to. So, I wrote a post and then I stuck in all these pictures. But, since this is a random post, I guess it doesn't matter if it flows or even makes sense, right?
*Here are the two cutest kids in my world!!* Brianna just spontaneously started hugging Ben at McDonald's, and said, "Mom, take a picture."
*Ben and Brianna worked really hard to arrange this bountiful harvest basket for me.
*James' wonderful Aunt and Uncle invited us (or did we invite ourselves??) to come with them on Labor Day and play at the beach with them and their JetSkis! It was soooo fun!
*Oh, the things you can do with licorice!
* Someone got pretty tired by the end of the afternoon. But, boy oh boy, did she like the JetSki's!! Ben did too! Ben was allowed to "drive" with James on. Ben would go 45 mph! I took Brianna up to about 35 mph, and she let me know that she did NOT like that speed. It took me quite a while to convince her to go back out with me. When she did, I took her at about 20 mph, which she was o.k. with. She called that speed, "A wittow tiny bit fast."

*What a handsome boy! Even with hair that's been done by lake water and wind!

*The kids really liked the beach, but their preference was being out on the JetSki's.

***James would like me to note that he does spend time with the family on most weekends and holidays.
*Yesterday, I made the mistake of telling Brianna about Disneyland. She threw a major fit for over an hour because she wanted to go. I told her maybe we'd go to Disneyland after Easter.
*First thing this morning, Brianna asked if we could go to Easter now.
*Every time I sit down to write a new post, my mind goes blank
*Um, ... see?
*Okay, let's give this another go.
*I'm waiting for a delivery from UPS!
*It's some clothes that I ordered online, when I was feeling sorry for myself.
*The kids really liked the beach, but their preference was being out on the JetSki's.
*Here's our kids and some good friend's kids playing in our backyard! Aren't they all so cute?
*I'm a little sad that the mosquitoes are gone for the summer. Only because when Brianna would get a bite, she called it a "Skoodee bite". It was soooo cute! It nearly made the mosquitoes worth it.
*Ben made up a chocolate-coconut no bake cookie recipe yesterday. They turned out really gooey, but very tastey!
*Brianna is borderline-obsessed with the Little Einsteins. She has a toy Rocket and Leo which she takes nearly everywhere with her. She has a hard time saying her "L"s right, and so "Leo" sounds a whole lot like "whale", or I guess it's more like "whay-o", which is pretty much how she says "whale".
*Ben decided it would be really cool to have a Joseph Smith and a Mormon video game. That way, when he wanted to play video games on Sunday, he could. He had many ideas for what each game could include!
*James works too much! The vast majority of the limited time-off that he's taken from work this year has been to do work-related things. So far, he's taken 2 1/2 days off for strictly family time this year. Oh, but don't worry, he has another 3 days scheduled off for family time this year.
***James would like me to note that he does spend time with the family on most weekends and holidays.
*I'm toying with the idea of taking a Home Staging course. I don't think I have the decorating sense, though. I'm better at the de-clutter/de-personalizing side of things.
*I've had no luck finding a pre-school for Brianna.
*Brianna has severe separation anxiety issues again. I don't quite know how to solve this. She's been crying a lot whenever I have to leave her anywhere -- even at home with her daddy and brother.
*We have soccer-related activities (practices/games) 3-4 times per week! Both Ben and Brianna are really good. It's so fun to watch them both!
*I think requiring everyone to have health insurance is a good idea.
*I think government health insurance is a bad idea.
*When my husband spends 12 hours putting some guy's face back together who chose to drive his motorcycle w/o a helmet and without health insurance, I have a hard time hearing about how the uninsured aren't getting the care they need.
*We are considering switching Ben's school. We may put him into a really good charter school here. I was really surprised when I talked with Ben about it, and he was in favor of it. We'll have to see if they're even taking any more students at this time.
*Yesterday, I made the mistake of telling Brianna about Disneyland. She threw a major fit for over an hour because she wanted to go. I told her maybe we'd go to Disneyland after Easter.
*First thing this morning, Brianna asked if we could go to Easter now.
16 comments:
Boy, you covered a lot of ground and I enjoyed it all. Thanks for the pictures of your day at the lake. What beautiful grandchildren we have!
Wow, that is a lot of random tidbits. But I'm so excited to read about how fun life is and how cute your kids are. We miss you guys!
I'm curious. How do you get the words above the photos? When I first learned how to post pictures I could do that, but lately blogger puts the pics up top no matter what. I can go in and label the pics, but can't write any intro stuff before the pics. Do I need to be on the edit HTML tab? Help... Please.
I love the pictures! So cute! I miss you all, even the skoodee bites.
And, I think you'd be an amazing home stager. You got mom's house sold in four days! There is a career there for you!
What a fun post. I have been struggling with 'what to write' for a couple of weeks. I haven't done anything fun or exciting or taken any pics recently I don't think.
So, while Ilove you post, it doesn't let me do what I do so well. Copy off of others. :) lol
You do have two of the cutest kids ever. After mine of course.
Michelle...You should just have to have the curser at the start of the pic info anf hgit enter a few times. Then you can add whatever above the pics.
That was fun! Did the clothes fit? (I'm only asking because I have the worst luck with that and I hope it worked for ya!)
Yes, Kathryn, the clothes fit!! :)
Michelle, Michelle was right. Just get your curser by your picture, then hit enter a few times, and that should give you space above the pic.
I love your random thoughts. Since life does not flow, why oh why should your thoughts? I miss my babies. Grammy
I enjoyed your random thoughts and wonderful pictures! I always enjoy your blog and hearing about the adventures of the Merrell family. Love ya, Cindy
well don't tell the darling, but on the 26th we are going to Vegas, picking up my mom, and heading to the lovely land of Disney. We haven't been since Jackson was 3 and I was preg with Liv. So it will be the girls first time. Ohhhhh I love Disneyland!
I think you would be great at home staging- so go for it!
What great pics and random thoughts! I always enjoy your posts, especially since lately I've not had the time to even try to come up with coherent thoughts to post on my own.
Thanks for the update on what is going on.
Your little one has a kindred spirit in my little one. Grace is also obsessed with "Lil Einein" She especially loves "Kinsey"(Quincy)I think its a great show.
Okay how cute are they!! I love the beach bums! If your genius son ever invents a sabbath day apropriate video game let us know and we'll be your 1st customers!
I LOVE random thoughts. Very Refreshing and ... informative. :)
Thanks for the update. I love hearing your random thoughts.
Post a Comment