Ben was with me when I clicked on a news link about the derecho. Wikipedia explains a derecho as: a widespread and long-lived, violent convectively induced straight-line windstorm that is associated with a fast-moving band of severe thunderstorms. These straight-line winds can exceed 100 mph (in some cases, sustained wind) in these clusters and straight-line wind gusts of up to 200 mph are possible in the most extreme cases....

There was footage on the clip, and let me just say that this is one terrifying storm to behold.
Ben asked with some concern, "Is that coming here?"
"No," I reassured him.
"Oh, good. 'Cause if it was, I was going to save my money and buy a car and drive to the airport and trade my car for an airplane and fly outta here!"
5 comments:
I always say that you've gotta have a plan. The boy has a plan!
Can you have Ben pick me up if that thing heads this way? MOM
That is a smart, forward-thinking boy!
i hope he has enough money for a fast car! smart thinkin fo sho!
I also want Ben on my team. He can be the designated driver.
Post a Comment