A quick explanation: You haven't heard from me for a number of reasons: moving, vacation, and getting settled are among them. However, it is significant that I haven't had a home phone, internet, or TV (which has nothing to do with not communicating, but has been painful nonetheless) until last Thursday. However, we have yet to figure out what our new e-mail address is. I hope to call the company (local) on Monday and get that sorted out. So, anyway, if you want my new info (some of you have already let me know) you can respond in the comments, and I will get it to you (provided I have yours . . . Oh, and provided that you're not some creepy freak who's intent on stalking my family.)
**************
As parent, we try to instill goodness, honesty, and correct principles. In connection with this, I've been trying to teach Ben to treat others the way he would want to be treated.
The other day, Ben came to me with a necklace that he had picked out for me, and which I had purchased for $1.00. He said to me, "Mom, I've been thinking about the golden rule. Since I gave you this necklace, I was wondering when you were going to give me something.?"
So close, . . . and yet soooo far away!
**************
Brianna is getting more and more independent. At her two-year old check-up, the Pediatrician warned that we would probably see some regression with the big move. Boy, was he wrong! Brianna now thinks she is a teenager!! It is lucky she is soooooo incredibly cute, because she is already rolling her eyes at her parents, giving crusty looks, and saying our names with that 'I can't believe you really want me to do that' tone.
Thankfully, she balances that with her sweet, funny, darling little personality. She keeps us laughing and smiling (even when she's giving us 'tude.)
Today, during Sacrament meeting, she got my phone out and was playing with it. So that she wouldn't accidently call someone, I turned it off. When she realized this, she said, with complete authority in her voice, "No Mommy!! No, No, Mommy!! Naughty!"
Then, after church, I retrieved something from the dishwasher and closed it. She was standing there, and said, "No, Mommy. Wrong!" I said, "What? I closed the dishwasher wrong?" She said, "Wrong! Quick, go!" and she tried to shoo me from the kitchen!
She is a hoot!
***********
Today, when I walked out to the car, Ben said, "Wow, mom! You look soooooo pretty! You look even prettier than you did yesterday! In fact, you look marvelous!"
Hmmm, I'm feeling pretty good about now.
**************
Family pic 2020
2 months ago
10 comments:
Oh man! We miss you too!
I would love your email!
shaylenejohnson at hotmail dot com
I want you email too. Mine is hannrichards@yahoo.com. When you email me I will give you my new number also.
A smart kid who knows how to compliment the ladies. Oh, life is going to be fun raising that one - and the other one. I can't wait to see your gray hair in a few years.
E-mail Mama with the info. She will record it forever and not lose it like I would.
Forgot the address if you can't find it: degrawhotel at yahoo dot com
Your kids are so funny. It's good to have you back blogging again.
Welcome back! Love your blog. Love you! Love those kids!
Never a dull moment, and always a surprise.
Such adorable, amazingly astute kids! They make all of us smile! We miss you but hope all is going well as you settle into your new area.
Papa already made sure you have our info. :)
You are SO pretty! Now please email me at gammonsr@hotmail.com.
I miss you!
I want it all!! Addy, phone, email...
:P
michellej610@yahoo.com
And Ben knows what he's talking bout...your one hot momma. :D
Add me to the long list of those who are missing you and wanting to hear from you! It's just not the same without you here! I'm glad to hear the move hasn't adversely affected your good looks!
pradabaugh@fuse.net
Post a Comment