I just dropped Ben off to his first day of First Grade! . . . I'm a mess. I didn't have this hard of a time when he went to Kindergarten. In fact, I had wished that Kindergarten lasted longer each day. But now, he will spend more time (of his waking hours) away from me, than he will with me.
He looked so lost, and little, and forlorn as I waved good-bye to him from the doorway. I don't feel like I prepared him well enough for this. Excuse me, while I go get a tissue.

4 comments:
I haven't seen most of those photos. They are fantastic. He is a great kid, and I think he's going to love school.
You can do this! Make the most of the time you have with him now. Remember, from this point on, the world has him more than you do, it is an uphill battle, but worth it in the end. Who knew it could hurt so much to love so much? I love you all! MOM M.
Great photos. And such a heart-wrenching milestone!
Last year when Laura went to kindergarten, I coined the phrase "crying a happy dance" - because I was a bundle of mixed emotions! I will be crying my happy dance next week when she starts 1st grade, and my others hit their milestones of this year (grades 5, 8, 11, 12; and mission). *sigh*
He looks so little and so big all at the same time!
Post a Comment