Monday, April 21, 2008

Brianna-eese: Interpreting the Words and Signs of Brianna

As some of you have spent and will spend time with my baby girl, I thought it might prove helpful both to you and to her to provide a Brianna-English dictionary of sorts:

*********Words *********

Goggy now = chocolate milk

Daddy = Daddy or doggy (when she means ‘doggy’ she usually follows with a ‘woof, woof, woof’)

Gun-gwee = Hungry

Show, wewe = Show/movie (i.e., Princess movie)

Ginkie = binkie

Me, Buddy = Ben

Dowa = Dora the Explorer

Waah you? = Where are you?

Moo mees = Excuse me

Wahwee = Sorry

Side = I want to go outside NOW please.

Deent doo = Thank you

Shoe = I would like my shoes on now; OR don’t I have pretty shoes?; OR I would like to watch Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses

Night, night = I would like to go to bed now.


********* Signs *********

Holding fists on eyes = I would like you to sing “Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree” right now.

Holding hands on top of head and grunting = I would like you to sing “Once there was a snowman” right now.

Holding hand in air and opening/closing fist repeatedly = milk (which is to be interpreted as chocolate milk)

Pointing one finger into open palm of opposite hand = more

Tapping hand or fist on mouth = water, please

Back of hand against bottom of chin, fingers wiggling = dirty

Pointer finger twisting on cheek = candy

Hand twisting ear = apple

**********************

I know there are more, but that is all I can come up with for now!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only wish I could understand all that on the phone! How sweet she is, and how much I love and miss her, even if she didn't like her Grammie.

Jen said...

I can just imagine those words, based on your descriptions. My Danny has his own vocabulary, as well, and it's so darn cute.

Shayleen Lunt said...

Great - I'm sure I can use this soon. Olivia and her are sure to get along as they can drink their chocolate milk and maybe watch Barbie and the 12 dancing princesses!

Patty said...

I swear she gets cuter by the day! She's so fun to watch and listen to! (Even without translation!)

gordonfan said...

Thank you. Knowledge of your daughter's elegant vocabulary may be a huge help in the nursary

Jen said...

By the way, goggy now has always been one of my favorite drinks.

Steve and Jamie said...

Hmmm. . . this could have come in handy yesterday. We managed pretty well anyway. She sure is a sweet girl.

Anonymous said...

But what about the sign for grandfather and grandma??????? Cute blog.

Dad C

Jesse C said...

Those are pretty descriptive signs. She's milking the cow to ask for milk, that's pretty good. The sign for "more" makes a lot of sense to me, and who wouldn't interpret hand twisting ear as "apple?"

Andi Sherwood said...

I love baby talk. When you are around it so much you forget sometimes that other people think they are talking a different language. :)

:)