Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn!"

Sometimes the trials, heartaches and sadnesses of this life seem magnified somehow against the backdrop of the glittering Christmas lights and jovial sounds. But tonight, as I was pondering the trials and difficulties that so many people I know and love are facing, I remembered that Christmas should infuse a "thrill of hope" to all, but especially to those who are in need of succor. Jesus Christ came to earth to provide deliverance to all who would accept. He delivers us from the "monsters" of sin and death, but also from heartache, and heart-break, from pain and sorrow caused by other's choices, from depression, from addiction, from disease, from loneliness. He came because of love, and His love is powerful enough to heal and to free, to correct and to comfort. The love of our Father in Heaven to send His Only Begotten Son, and the love of our Savior to come for each of us truly should bring us a "thrill of hope" for which this "weary world" can rejoice. Merry Christmas! May the true Spirit of the season lighten your loads, and bring hope to your hearts!

Here is my humble addition to the beloved classic: (I don't expect this to catch on.)

Silent Night, Holy Night.
Here I kneel, Seeking Light.

God, heal my heart,
Heal my soul, hear my plea.
Help me remember
Thy Son came for me.

Help me to trust and believe
Through Him I will be made free.


Silent Night, Holy Night.
Shadows flee; Breaking light.

He has all power,
all glory, all grace.
He heals my soul,
wipes the tears from my face.

Savior, my Prince of Peace,
Jesus, I trust and believe.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. You have a gift. Merry Christmas. Kate and Seth and I are all sitting here thinking of you and yours.
April

Anonymous said...

Thank you Leslie just what I needed. You are amazing with words and thoughts. You are amazing in hundreds of other ways also.

Dad C

Tiffany said...

So beautiful, Leslie. You're amazing! I would love to see this performed.

Shayleen Lunt said...

wow - that is beautiful. Wish I could sit in a congregation and sing those verses.

Corrie- said...

Your song is a true testimony for so many of us, Thank you Leslie, it's wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Dad and I read the blog last night before we went to bed, thanks for those sweet thoughts to go to sleep on. Merry Christmas, MOM M.

Louann and Bari said...

Thank You, I really needed that today.

Patty said...

Another beautiful thought to keep us going this Christmas season! I love the poem!

Anonymous said...

Franz Gruber would be proud.

Mama D said...

I would love to sing those words. Maybe Leslie should sing this song with her additions in the ward for part of the Christmas program... :]

Thanks, Leslie, for your amazing spirit and testimony. This week I really need to be reminded of this perspective. You have a gift. Thanks for sharing it.

Papa D said...

With this poem and all else you do, thanks for having such a wonderful impact on those around you - and, in particular, on my wife. I don't know if you realize how much she admires and respects you.

Steve and Jamie said...

Very sweet. Thank you for sharing. I read this post the other day and didn't have time to comment. I've been thinking about your message the last few days and the words to your song have beem running through my head.

Thank you for reminding me why we truly do celebrate Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Leslie, I'm so happy that you have found a way to share your wisdom and faith. Your love for the Savior is reflected in your writings and in the way you live. I'm going to print this off and send it to Neal. I know it will lift his spirits.
Love, Mom C.

Dory said...

Thanks Leslie. Especially for your friendship.