Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving Riddle

Ben learned this darling song/riddle at school.

I am not a drumstick, no not yet.
I need to eat more, so fat I get.
Corn is what I like, and lots of grain.
Sometimes I gobble. Can you guess my name?

[Hint: You're supposed to answer "Turkey!"]

I see you've guessed my name on your first try.
I have a problem and you know why.
Could you be so kind? I have one wish.
Help me out, and EAT SOME FISH!!!!

(The tune is very similar to "I'm a little Tea Pot")

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the songs Ben has learned at school. Wish I was there so he could teach it to me. Grammie

ANTSYLLI said...

What a great song! Do you think Ben would sing it for me on Sunday?

Corrie- said...

Love it, love it, love it. I'll be adding this goodie to my collection!

Papa D said...

That is too cute!

Mama D said...

What a funny song! Fish just doesn't do it for me when it's Thanksgiving... Sorry, Mr. Turkey.

Reine said...

get fat? i wish!!

Papa D said...

Wow. If your son and my daughter do get together down the road, there will be some musical grandkids running around that house!

Papa D said...

4 comments in a row from the same family! WOW! This makes 5! I promise I will stop now - since Mama is about to slap me silly.

Anonymous said...

That's a great song. How funny. Ben is really having a great first year of school. One more thing to be thankful for.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. Cute.

Anonymous said...

Note to writers of cute elementary school holiday songs:

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? Suggesting to a small, impressionable child that fish would be appropriate for Thanksgiving! Can you imagine waking up on Thanksgiving morning to the smell of stinky fish instead of the glorious aroma of roasting turkey? It's unconscionable! It's preposterous! It strikes at the very heart of what is good and right about Thanksgiving!

(Tongue planted firmly in cheek :-)