Monday, November 19, 2007

An Addendum

As an addendum to my last post:

my feelings of being "robbed" and "beaten" have nothing whatsoever to do with being released from being Primary president, or with being called into the Relief Society presidency. I loved serving in Primary. It had it's wonderful moments, and it's stressful moments, just as any calling does. I was privileged to serve with wonderful sisters. I am very much looking forward to serving with the sisters in the new RS presidency, and with being in RS after being away for so many years. I am wondering, however, if there is any way I could talk the new president into instituting a "wiggle song" about half-way through the lesson -- I'm not sure I can make it all the way through without it!

Anyway, I just thought I ought to clarify!

10 comments:

chelle said...

uh huh suuure Leslie. I can picture you on the side of the road feeling beaten and tired and HF saying "bishop..take her to RS ..heal her wounds and give her what she needs...a grown up calling"
You were an amazing president and I know you will do an amazing job in RS. Enjoy the grown-up lessons and interaction. :D
I am going to miss you terribly though =(

Papa D said...

I like the idea of a wiggle song for the High Priests - but it might break a few bones on some of us.

Louann and Bari said...

I Love the idea of a wiggle song!!!See? you are already receiving inspiration !

Patty said...

Hmmm... how do we fit a wiggle song in with each lesson? If you can figure it out, I'll be happy to take the heat for okaying it!!

ANTSYLLI said...

I think we could replace the practice hymn with a wiggle song. Good idea!

Mama D said...

Shorten the announcements (continue with email and the printed hand out to help do so) and if it's not contrary to the Handbook, take out the practice hymn... That will give you the extra minutes for a wiggle song in the middle of the lesson! :]

I'm not teaching next week, or I could help start the new tradition! lol

Jen said...

Congrats on your new calling! It's nice to have a change from time to time. Even when I've loved my callings, in the end I've seen the wisdom of the change. You'll be great.

Papa D said...

Why not use peppy hymns as the wiggle songs - using the standard Primary wiggle techniques? Does the Handbook specify the *timing* of the practice hymn or just its inclusion?

Hilary said...

being a former relief society chorister, i should tell you that what everyone thinks is just supposed to be time for a practice hymn is actually a "5 minute music appreciation period" to not only learn new songs aka practice hymns, and learn anything new about music, it is also acceptable to teach primary songs during this time. so there you go, once in awhile you just use that time for your wiggle song!

Anonymous said...

I hope the sister get to see and understand your amazing humor. You are so fun and funny. But you also have such great insight into what life is all about. You will bless many lives in the RS. If they did the wiggle song in the HP it would be to see who is still alive and who has passed on to the next life.