Thursday, August 23, 2007

10 Years and Counting

Yesterday, James and I had our 10th anniversary!!! What an amazing 10 years it has been! I was head over heels in love then, and I can honestly say that that love has grown in so many ways. We have definitely faced some trials, but they have served to strengthen us. Our marriage isn't perfect, but I wouldn't trade what we have for anything. There have been the occasional hurt feelings and disagreements, but in all that time, there has NEVER been an intentional injury, and every disagreement or misunderstanding has been handled with mutual respect and gentleness. There has been much laughter and fun along the way. James is my perfect match in every way. I love him with all my heart and I feel his love each day. He is kind and patient, gentle and wise. I am so grateful that God lead us to each other. Happy Anniversary, James-y!

James brought home these lovely flowers for me!

I got up at 4:45am to make this yummy breakfast for James. He had to take it on the run with him.


For our anniversary, I redid our bedroom: new bedding ensemble, new wall decor, new window treatments, and I reclaimed all of the cluttery areas!

Ben wants me to write "THE END", but I know that truly this is just "THE BEGINNING!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. We love you both so much and can't imagine any two people who are more in love.

Jen said...

Congratulations! 10 years is a big milestone. We're hitting 9 years in a few weeks. I can't believe how the time has flown!

Corrie- said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the chocolate colors of your room. You two are an awesome match. Here's to many, many years of bliss!

Shayleen Lunt said...

Congratulations. I really look at you two as the perfect couple! You have never given reason to think otherwise.
I also love the anniversary bedroom. I have been wanting to redo our bedroom and that would be a great time to do it. Should I wait 'til our 10th to do it though...hmmm?

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! You two are wonderful, and a great couple. Here's to 100 more years of wedded bliss!

P.S. I love your bedroom makeover; the colors are so great!

chelle said...

WOW what a wonderful bedroom! I love the colors you picked out!
Happpy Anniversary!
I agree with whats already been said.."you two are the perfect couple"... who everyone wants to be like. :D