Many moons ago, we purchased a small bucket of plastic frogs at the dollar store as part of a birthday gift to one of Ben's little friends. We did not realize until later the true treasure we had found. As I went to wrap it, I started to read the outside of the bucket to James. We took turns passing it back and forth, reading different parts, and laughing until our sides ached and tears were streaming down our faces.
It was made in China, and there is no doubt that it was also translated into English in China as well. Needless to say, the kid never received this part of the gift! We decided we couldn't part with something that provided that much entertainment. Now, maybe we were a bit tired, or overstressed, but even now I still find it funny. I'll let you decide for yourselves.
Here is how the bucket reads:
The best game for partents with children!
JUMPING FROG
Enjoy all your family!
Suitable for age of over 3
- Draw a line or mark far a distance from starting point. Jump frogs at starting point. The one makes frogs jumping over the line or mark is the winner.
THE OTHER PLAYING WAY:
- Jump frogs far away at the same position. The farest is the winner (to identify owned frogs by colors).
INSTRUCTIONS:
- Except the attached drum, you may use other vessel to play, such as cup, jar, box, ladle, pot, bowl, basket ... etc. The vessel should not be too large. The smaller vessel you use the more interest you get.
- After playing a couple of times, you will be skilled to control the exactly jumping distance and position.
LET'S TRY!
- Jump frogs into drum from a distance.
MADE IN CHINA
Let me just interject that if I ever had to translate anything into Chinese, it would either provide hours of entertainment to the Chinese, or it would start WWIII. I promise I am not trying to pick a fight with the Chinese, . . . afterall, I am a partent with children!
P.S. It is much more funnier to be read aloud. : )
8 comments:
This is too funny! I know some people that actually talk this way. Let's just say that I worked in a restaurant sold a lot of rice and noodles while I was in high school. And like you said, watch me try to translate something into any other language. I can't even do pig latin!
Thanks for the chuckle, what a grate toiy! "P
I thought I would test my feet in the blogging world first by just commenting then who knows. This story made me laugh because Ben and Colin had this whole conversation one day awhile back about how all toys are made in China and why that was. Their theories were confused when they asked me to read a toy and it said made in Taiwan.They then decided after examining that "baby" toy that all the cool toys were made in China. I have to agree they may have a point. Heather
Leslie! So funny! I want a bucket of Chinese Jumping Frogs.
Maura
It's even funnier when you read it aloud in a bad Chinese accent.
Love it!
Sooo funny. I'm glad you kept it. You have to hand it to the Chinese. Language is no obstacle....to them.
Oh this is really funny. You should have it written in some fancy hand writting and then framed with something like "Ancient Chinese Proverb" below it.
Best is the blog of your story. Except when the warning of potentially violent laughter in fits should be read first. See the picture in the eyeball of my mind whole family attempting to make small toy frog jump into ladel from farest distance.
Hi Leslie! I read a few of your posts and then the title of this one caught the eye! That's a good one! Thanks so much for leaving me your blog site today. We also enjoyed the last of your cake tonight. Yum!
ps The healthy snack hunt that has chocolate - I usually eat Sunbelt fudge covered, chocolate chip granola bar and pretend it is healthy (even though Aaron has dashed my hopes by reading me the nutrition information and then telling me it's a candy bar...)
It's got granola!
I am excited to know other people blog!
Post a Comment