Monday, June 18, 2007

A True Family Celebration!

We were so priviledged to have Brianna's birthmom and birthgrandma come a long way to celebrate Brianna's first birthday with us. They are both so wonderful. They are kind and gracious, and oh-so-fun! It was great to see them again in person. We enjoyed having them here and truly consider them as part of our family. In fact, don't you think we look like family??


Brianna enjoyed all of the attention, and was very adorable. She interacted happily with them . . . so long as it was on her terms. She is such a happy little soul, and I think that it showed. I am so grateful that they had the chance to see sweet Brianna in person, because pictures and my descriptions can never do her justice. I will always treasure their visit, and I know it will come to mean a great deal to Brianna, as well.


Brianna, after pouring strawberry lemonade all down her front, and just before her birthday cake.




Obviously, this would be after the cake which she thoroughly enjoyed!




There is so much more to say regarding what this day meant to me and how blessed I feel, but words seem to be failing me at the moment! So, for now I will say, Thank you, again, Adrianne, for your selfless sacrifice! Thank you Cindy for supporting your daughter in her difficult decision! And thank you, God, for orchestrating this beautiful miracle in our lives!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so neat, Leslie. I'm sure this will mean so much to Brianna someday. I'm proud of all of you, especially that gorgeous little baby!

Sarah said...

I can't believe she is already 1! Time went by fast. She sure is a cute little girl:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these darling pictures. You definitely could be family, and as a matter of fact, you are! I also want to thank Adrianne and Cindy for giving such a heavenly gift to our Leslie and James. We love Brianna so much. And we love you for being so unselfish and truly Christ-like.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing day! She is such a loved little girl.

Corrie- said...

Wowie! Again, this miracle continues to amaze me. Leslie, you have such a big heart and this experience will certainly be priceless for everyone in Brianna's life.

Anonymous said...

What an unusual relationship you have with the birth mother! A most memorable first birthday for sure!
Aunt Becky