Speaking of when he was a boy, "At about this time in my life, I liked to chase the calves and try and rope them. One day I took dad's rope that he used to pull his wagon brake while freighting from Price and went about 3/4 mile from home to drive the cows home and used the rope to try roping the calves. After I got tired of roping the calves, I coiled the rope up and tied it to the saddle. But I did a poor job of it because when I got home, the rope was lost. Dad needed to go freighting the next morning with no rope for his brakes. He didn't have money to buy another and it was too late to go hunting for it that night, so dad told me to pray for help in finding that rope when I went to bed. Which I did. Early the next morning, I rode my horse as fast as he would go to where I thought I was trying to rope the calves. This area was thick with sagebrush and greasewood so the chance of finding the rope looked about impossible, but I was traveling as fast as the horse would go and there was the rope, coiled up and on top of a bush. I believed in prayer then."
Family pic 2020
2 months ago
3 comments:
Great story. Great picture. I love how old people are really great time machines.
That story should be in the Friend. That's awesome. We need to share those stories with our kids and grandkids. Coiled up and resting on a bush. Wow. Thanks for sharing.
hOW I MISS GRANDPA. THANKS FOR REMINDING ME HOW WONDERFUL HE WAS/IS. MOM M.
Post a Comment