Thursday, April 5, 2007

Lessons with Ben

Ben had the lesson for Family Home Evening this week. Since Easter is this Sunday, I told Ben that I had an idea for his lesson. Then I got out of our Gospel Art Kit the pictues of The Crucifixion, Burial of Jesus, and Mary and the Resurrected Lord. I asked him to teach us about what was happening in these pictues.


He did a beautiful job giving an account of the events portrayed. He asked me questions and I answered them, and I asked him questions and he answered them. He let me know that Jesus had power over death, and that He chose to suffer and die for us. I asked him, "What do we get from Jesus suffering and dying for us?"


Ben said, "So we can repent." "That's right. And also," I prompted, pointing to the picture of the Resurrected Lord. "So we can be resurrected!" he finished.


Then, it was apparent that Ben felt the lesson had gone on long enough. "I'd like to hear your testimony," I said. "I don't have one," Ben said. "Oh, that's o.k. You're still young and learning." Then, pointing to the pictures, I said, "Do you believe all of this is true? That it really happened?" "Yes," he said, without hesitation. "Then you do have a testimony. That is your testimony!" "Oh!" he said, with big eyes and a smile.
For the record, I believe it's true as well! I am so grateful for our Savior and for our Father's plan for us! Happy Easter!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Leslie.
Thank you, Ben.
Thanks be to God.

Anonymous said...

I echo your mom, thanks for doing such a great job with our grandkids. Mom M.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, he is so precious! Thanks for sharing!

Ben said...

ben ohio texas