Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Benjamisms



1. Earlier today: Holding a refrigerator magnet, "Mom, do you want me to Benonate this?" "Um, ... I don't know, ... what does 'Benonate' mean?" "Oh, destroy." "Um, no."

2. Later today: "I'm the Benonator because I Benonate things."

3. Announcement made EVERY TIME Ben needs to go #2: "Mom, I need to go poop, so when I call your name it means . . . ." Then he pauses for me to fill in the blank with "You want me to come wipe your bum." However, being the smart aleck that I am, I usually say something like, "I should stand on my head." Or "I should sing a pretty song." Or something like that.

4. Just before our trip to go have Brianna sealed to us: "When we come back to Ohio, Brianna will be ours forever, won't she?"



5. The day before Brianna's sealing, when he saw her dress in the closet: "Tomorrow's going to be a very special day ... for Brianna. It will be for us too, because she will be sealed to us, but tomorrow is Brianna's Day!"

6. Today, as we were leaving his preschool: "Goodbye Ms. Horne! I LOVED THAT FIELD TRIP!!!" (They went to the on-site Dental Lab.)

7. Today Ben learned about torpedoes, but he's having trouble saying it. It comes out "torquitoes", which I think is a cross between a torpedo and a tacquito. ... Maybe Taco Bell will start serving them soon.

8. While playing blocks with his Grandma: Holding a block over her 'spaceship' that she had built, "Let's pretend that this is a tornado, and that it's right over your spaceship." When Grandma suggested that the tornado go over his spaceship, he got a very sheepish look, and decided that maybe they could do without the tornado.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At last a sort of permanent recording of Benjamisms. I wish we could remember them all. I'm soooo glad you have a blog. The pictures are absolutely priceless.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to start Benonating things. Many, many things.