We just returned from an AWESOME/fun/amazing/wonderful family get-away/adventure/vacation!
This was my botched attempt to show how high we had driven. We have one other picture with this sign, and Ben's cute head blocked the numbers in that also! We felt like we were on top of the world. You could see mountain range after mountain range after mountain range. Daddy's girl. Both kids were just like little mountain goats. They LOVE hiking, and they are steady, quick and adventurous.
One morning I did two quick loads of laundry at the local laundromat. Now, that may not seem interesting, but I got to do laundry with a whole bunch of AMISH! They, of course, don't like to have their photos taken, but they didn't seem to mind if I snapped a shot of the machines.
Isn't that pretty?? I was enjoying the beauty until James pointed out that we were standing on a bridge between two sides of a fault line. ...Thankfully, no earthquake!
I'm not sure why, I just liked this photo with the wildflowers, rocks and snow.
I took two of these shots, the other one has the mountains in focus and the flowers blurry. I couldn't decide which I liked better. Hope you like this one.

Oooh. Aaaah.

Oooh. Aaaah.
I just liked the visual interest here.
Wow!
The flowers were beautiful.

One of the rarest things in the world: a family photo with everyone smiling and looking at the camera!
I had to show the wildflowers with the snow...in July!
Ben spontaneously thanked us many times for all of the fun adventures! We took him to a mine one morning because he'd wanted to go to a mine for several years and they offered a mine tour. Unfortunately, it should have been called "a really long, dark, awkward ride into a mine, followed by a 50 minute standing lecture." Ben was still grateful, but he did say, "that wasn't quite what I had expected!"
9 comments:
Beautiful! The Rockies??
Lovely!!!!! Love ya...cindy
WOW! Love the pics. Looks like my kind of vacation as well. I just hope to be able to actually do it one day!
Thanks for sharing. You all look as great as ever! Glad CO is treating you so well. :)
Please send a copy of the family group. That is how I picture heaven. The stress has fallen away and everyone is smiling, even Caspian. Gorgeous country. So happy that you had such a heavenly time.
What a wonderful adventure! Thanks for sharing details and your awesome pics. Sounds like heaven for each one of you!
That looked so amazing. I'm glad you had fun. Maybe those Amish were friends with your sister :)
Love the beautiful mountains. I miss being so close to them. Maybe we need to move a little closer.
I had no idea that there were Amish people in that part of the country. Crazy.
I love the photo of the whole family! And this account almost makes me want to go camping! Such beauty!
When the world was made they had all this left over beauty, and eveyplace had its share, so that is where they put it. High in the Rockies of Colorado. Aren't you lucky you got to be there in it! Love you all. MOM
Post a Comment