* "Man cannot live by bread alone" ... just curious, does that include zucchini bread?
* How 'bout banana bread?
* Since living here, we've gone through (which is the detached way of saying "killed") something like 4 toads.
* I'm thinking of putting up a sign on my front door, "Home Sweet Home, the place where amphibians come to die."
* That will also make it easier for PETA to find me after they read this post.
* Does it make me a good mom or a bad mom that I've allowed Ben to catch and keep two snakes?
* We're pretty sure they're not rattle snakes.
* I'm also pretty sure that I'll need a longer sign for my front door: "...amphibians AND reptiles...".
* Does it make me a good mom or a bad mom that I fed my children zucchini bread for dinner last night?
* At least I kept saying, "Eat your vegetables!!"
* James is having a birthday next Friday.
* I think I'm all done shopping for him.
* Although he did give me another gift idea after I said I was done.
* He has a beard.
* He's a babe with or without a beard!
* I'm pretty sure Ben gets his fascination with and lack of fear of reptiles and amphibians from James.
* I think I'm gonna take my kids to a movie this afternoon.
* I'm doing a terrible job being creative with my kids this summer.
* I have taught them how to sort laundry.
* And make their beds.
* Brianna and I cook together a lot.
* Ben can now make great lemonade,
* and strawberry smoothies.
* And we have had a lot of fun this summer.
* But it's the regular day that is most likely filled with too much TV, too many snacks, jammies for most of the day, etc.
* And for that, I beat myself up regularly.
* It seems like I should have amazing activities planned for every day.
* I should be feeding their minds and their creativity.
* Instead, we're mostly hanging out.
* Hmmm. Never know where random posts will lead.
* Have a great day.
* If not, have a great piece of chocolate!
5 comments:
In my opinion, having fun is the top priority. And sorting laundry, making beds, and cooking are pretty important skills that will serve your kids well. They get structure and deadlines and such at school and elsewhere. I say have fun and relax and enjoy them while they are young enough to want to hang out with you! :)
I read the whole post, but I'm still kind of stuck on "we're pretty sure they're not rattle snakes."
I stay in my pajamas until at least noon in the summer. It's protocol. And my kids just sleep in the clothes they wore the day before.
I'd like to spend summer at your house .... except for the snakes.
Leslie I've alwasy thought Ben seemed like a little James, and this post is solidifying my opinion. I recall James catching, cooking over an open fire, and eating frogs when we were kids.
Sounds like good old fashion fun.
Josh
I love your random thoughts! And I totally count zucchini bread as a serving of veggies..
Quit beating yourself up- it's summer, time to relax and just hang out. Soon enough they'll be busy with many other activities and you'll be missing the easy pace of jammy days. Enjoy them while you can!! You're making memories with your kids even when you're not being super-ultra mom. (And super-ultra moms tend to get burnt out, tired and cranky, so the kids probably prefer you as regular super-mom. lol)
Post a Comment