Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bedrooms, Birthdays, and Baptism

Brianna loooves books. Here she is "reading" on her new bedspread, with her newly decorated wall (stickers).
Wall stickers can be used for walls, dressers, toy baby doll cribs, etc.

And the rug was just the right finishing touch, don't ya think?

A looong time ago, when Ben's 8th birthday seemed REALLY far away, I told him he could choose how to decorate his room when he turned 8. Well, 8 rolled around and what did he decide? Camouflage, of course! Why didn't I see that coming?
Well, a promise is a promise. So we set to work, and in the end, I think it turned out REALLY well!
The loft above his bed used to be another bed. Now it is a "command post".
My mom's good friend came and painted AN INCREDIBLE MURAL on Ben's wall. It is fantastic! More than we could have imagined, and it totally feeds the imagination of my VERY imaginitive boy!

She told him that the eagle is to remind him to work toward his Eagle in scouts.
And, here is the amazing artist herself! Thank you Miss Judy!! Can you believe she did it all in one day?? Pretty dang amazing! And she's a terrific person to boot!
In April, Ben turned 8, and the first Saturday in May he was baptized by his father. It was so special. Ben was truly prepared. He understands the covenants he has made, and I honestly have seen a positive difference in him since he was baptized and received the gift of the Holy Ghost.


I am so grateful for the gospel in my life. I know that it's true. I know that Jesus truly is our Savior and Redeemer, and that He will save us if we will let Him.
I also know that a testimony is something that has to be fed, just like our physical bodies. If we neglect it, it can grow weak and even eventually die.

I am so proud of Ben and the decision he has made. I hope he learns to feed his Spirit and testimony every day.
I am having trouble adding Brianna's birthday pictures, so I will do a separate post for her, but she did just turn 4 years old! What an amazing little spirit she is!

7 comments:

April said...

Thanks for posting these pictures. I love them. Congratulations to Ben again. Beautiful rooms and beautiful family.

Erin said...

I LOVE the rooms! Nice work! And congrats on the 8 year old - so OLD! :)

kjha said...

Those rooms are darling! I cannot believe that mural...what a cool thing to have in your room! It was so fun to see you a while ago..

Lindy-Lou said...

Beautiful pictures. Beautiful and fitting rooms for a little warrior spirit and a little princess. Good job Leslie! And kudos again to Miss Judy. I'll send her the link.
Very nice baptism pictures. He was well prepared. Great family picture, too!

Tiffany said...

Max read this with me. He would like a mural like Ben's. (It is AMAZING!)

He also said that Ben looks like a professor in his suit--very snazzy!

Patty said...

Wow! The rooms are amazing!!
Love all the pics!!

Eyelashes by Brandy said...

I LOVE her room, it's beautiful and classy, for a 4 year old, except I think I'll redecorate my room like that just to feel young...
You do an awesome job decorating, you're house is soooo cute!
and I love the Army fort... and your fam pic at Bens baptism is priceless.