This morning, I woke Ben a little after six; laid out his clothes for him; turned on the gas fireplace (his favorite place in the morning); put a blanket on the hearth; put his homework with a pencil next to the blanket; made him breakfast; packed his lunch; combed his hair; and, miraculously, got him to school on time.
Ben, for his part, got dressed; went by the fireplace; worked at a snail's pace on the homework that he ignored yesterday, despite my repeated instructions to get it done; threw a major fit, which included knocking over kitchen chairs, and looking at me with complete hatred in his eyes; refused to get out of the car at school; caused us to be late, even though we were to the school on time; caused me to go into the office in my jammies and glasses to sign him in late; and sobbed when I left him to be taken to class by an administrator. 
We captured this photo during another of Ben's meltdowns.
I need a hug, a massage, and some chocolate. Ben could probably use the same.
12 comments:
Hmph, I hate mornings like these. For what it's worth, I think you are a good mom and it is NOT all your fault.
Virtual hugs, massages, and chocolate coming your way!! Wish I could give you real ones today.
Leslie, you and I should talk. I had to drag Mason flailing and screaming from the shoe store today, it was horrendous. I think we both need some chocolate.
I'm so sorry Leslie. I hate those "moments." It is comforting or at least validating to know that this happens to others too. At least for me it is. After similar "episodes" I evaluate my parenting and try to figure out what I'm doing wrong. So it's nice to know that other kids have these same emotions, and that it isn't "All My Fault". I think you're a fantastic mother. :)
Sometimes we just have one of those days! Unfortunately for you, that when Ben is having one...so are you. Tale of every mother! Hang in there. Love ya!
Oh bless you! I thought I was the only one with a 7 year old, that was really good at being 7. Will this year ever end...8 with my luck will be the same....we shall see. Heaven help us all! ( He's still ridiculously adorable!)
Only two more months. You can do anything if you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Be brave, be flexible. love MOM M.
I too have been there and am there quite often from my 13yr old that told me he freakin hates my guts to my 2 yr old that kicked me and tried to bite me. Parenting can be so hard. I have been in front of a school doing that and remember being flooded with embarrassment, exasperation, frustration, and irritation. I sure miss you guys and with I could give you a great big hug and share some chocolate.
I'm sorry. So sorry. I hate those moments. I wish I were there to provide the chocolate, hugs, and massage.
So glad to know that you stink, too. I was beginning to think I was the only one. Hang in there! Rumor has it, it will get better!
I'm horrified. I thought it would get easier when they reached school age. Thanks for bursting my bubble.
I wish I could be there to bring you some cookies!
DANG it! I wish I would've read this sooner! I glanced at it during my 65 mile hour break the other day, but, You will get chocolates from me next time... maybe some for a stash! I used to have a stash. I burned through it in a week...ok, two days... it was suppose to last 2 months, that was my goal, but, my body knew it was in the closet.
I am not liking these comments about the age 7... I'm not reading anymore!
Post a Comment