Friday, October 2, 2009

An Update and stories

Thank you all so much for your concern and comments. It was helpful. We are still trying to figure out what is best for Ben. He had a better day yesterday, and today James and I are meeting with his teacher and an administrator to consult with one another about Ben.

I will try to give updates as we make decisions.

*******

On the Brianna front: she is just so dang cute! I can't look at her without thinking of how beautiful she is. She is beautiful on the inside too!

A few days ago, James and the kids were headed to the backyard to jump on the trampoline. Ben was already out there, and Brianna was trying to hurry James along. He finally said, "Hold your horses, Brianna." She very seriously, and with a slightly confused tone replied, "I not have horses." Then, James went in another room to get something, and Brianna headed outside. I overheard Ben ask her where Daddy was. She said, "Oh, he's wooking for some horses."

She is the most genuinely helpful 3 year old I've ever known. She is always trying to help me around the house, and sometimes she truly is quite helpful. She tends to think like a mom. When we visited my parents, she reminded her Grandfather to take his vitamins.
When Ben got stung by a hornet, she gently patted him, and said, "Oh, I'm so sorry, Bud. That reewy hurts." And a little later, when Ben was feeling better and playing, she walked up to him and asked, "How's the leg, Buddy? Feewing better?"

She pronounces "hospital" perfectly, even though Ben still says "hostable" (which I still think is adorable.) But some of her other words get really mixed up. I think it's darling, and sometimes I have a hard time modeling the correct pronunciation, because I like hers so well. For guitar, she says "target"; for mosquito bite, she says "skoodee bite"; for umbrella, she says "zebra"??; for bones, she says "uggles"??; for polka dots, she says "kooky dots"; and for bruise, she says "screw". I haven't quite figured out how she comes up with all of them, I'm just enjoying this stage.

Have a great weekend!!

9 comments:

Lindy-Lou said...

Thanks so much for sharing her creative vocabulary. Please keep a written journal because you will forget.

On the Ben front, we trust you and James completely in directing his education. It isn't an accident that he was sent to you. He is in good hands... and always in our prayers.

Jesse C said...

Yeah, Les, write it down. Wait a second...

Corrie- said...

You're one of the best moms I know- you will do what's best for Ben! Call me if you need some help... I heart Brianna's vocabulary- too cute!

Anonymous said...

Heavenly Father will continue to guide you concerning your children...after all, they are His children too. Love ya cindy

Jen said...

My Danny still says "grill" for "girl". It's so cute. I tried to put some white bunny ears on him back around Easter time, and he adamantly refused, saying "No, Mama! Dat's for grills!"

Mama D said...

Your kids are so cute! And here's another vote for writing down the cute stuff. (Wait... isn't that why we blog?!)

Patty said...

Awww! What a sweet girl! I know exactly where she gets it from... you!!
Good luck with the school situation- I'm sure you'll find a good solution soon.

Catherine said...

Being a parent IS hard! I can empathize with ya. My oldest is in the 5th grade so I (we, Kevin & I) have had a few years of "school issues." We're actually right in the middle of one with my kindergartener, Ben. Hang in there Leslie.

It is nice that Heavenly Father blesses us with "tender mercies" like your Brianna's cute vocabulary and sweet compassion for her brother.

Lindy-Lou said...

Love the new background.