Monday, June 15, 2009

America's Got Talent!

I once received a blessing in which I was told that I had many talents, but not necessarily the kind you would perform on a stage. I have pondered this over the years, and I have come to realize that I do, indeed, possess some very unique talents.

Take for instance, changing the toilet paper roll. I once thought this was a commonly shared ability, but I now know better. I am--how do I say this without tooting my own horn?--the BEST and perhaps the ONLY person in my household with this ability.

Then, there's also my rare, and I do mean RARE, talent for actually closing the back door!

Add to that my rinsing dishes and loading them into the dishwasher abilities; my toilet scrubbing abilities; my laundry folding and putting away abilities, etc. and it soon becomes apparent, that indeed, I DO have talents. And many of them.

So, what are some of your unique talents? Don't be shy, you won't make me feel bad, afterall, I'm a very talented woman in my own right!

12 comments:

Corrie- said...

I think you have an amazing talent of being a good friend. You seemed to know just when I needed a smile or a note!

On the other hand, I think I have a talent of writing silly lyrics to familiar tunes. I do it all the time in my classroom. Just today I wrote one about the woodland habitat to the tune of 'My Favorite Things' for a class I'm taking.

Amy said...

You are by far more talented than that! I can't remember if it was you or Phillips that could make your stomach growl like a cat? :) My talents run right along with yours cleaning, buffing, able to make lists of things to do in/for the house. All things that help the spirit reside in our home, as a clean home is a happy home!

Leslie said...

Amy, I don't remember the stomach growling, but I CAN make a convincing pig noise in my throat!

Tiffany said...

You ARE amazingly talented! The toilet paper roll thing must be genetic. :)

chelle said...

Leslie you forgot your growl. I know that is kind of a 'runs in the blood' talent. But, it is a talent none the less. ;-)You are an amazing friend, wife, mother, Primary Pres., you work wonders with your hands....
Gosh, now I can't think of anything I do well.Besides the toilet paper thing. lol

Sarah said...

I'm super impressed at your talent of folding the laundry and PUTTING IT AWAY! I'm not there yet, but my family gives me plenty of practice.

I share the TP talent. It is interesting to me who has it and who doesn't. ;)

My current most used talent is noticing when the baby has exploded out of her diaper. It seems that I am the only one to notice this...or maybe I'm the only one willing to not let her sit in poop. Don't know. Just the way it is!

heather said...

I have those talents as well but my most impressive talent and I am the only one in my house that has it is the ability to find "lost" objects. I've tried to share the tricks of my skill but they just don't want to steal my thunder--or they don't want to actually have to pick something up to look under it.

kpickles said...

I actually lack a talent that everyone else in my family has. They can walk through a room and are completely able to ignore ANY objects that are in their way. They leap over, walk around, or just plow through without even slowing down. Sadly I lack this ability and find myself picking things up.

Kaitlyn Devin and Grace said...

that is the most awesome post ever. except in our house, my hubby is the one who has the talent for changing the toilet paper roll and i cant seem to get the hang of it :)

Lindy-Lou said...

You know the song, "She doesn't know she's beautiful"? It applies to you on this level as well. You are wise beyond your years and have an understanding heart. You are my superior in many ways and that's kind of a sad statement seeing as how I'm twice your age. Just think how wise you'll be when your old like me.

Kate said...

I'm good at blocking out my mother's voice when I'm reading a really good book. I can also continue playing the piano when Christopher is sitting on my lap and banging away. Basically, I'm just good at ignoring inconvienient things.

Becky said...

Cute. Gave me a big smile inside.