Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Public Service Announcement

Do your child's tonsils touch in the middle?

Does she have difficulty breathing in her sleep? When awake?

Has she ever sounded like this...

If so, it is time to get an appointment with your local ENT.

Please consider that doctors normally don't like to take tonsils out before the patient has reached the age of 3, therefore, dramatic video (like the one shown above) is helpful in making your case.

************

Brianna's HUMONGOUS tonsils (and adenoids) are coming out January 5th. I've told her that she's having surgery to remove her tonsils, that it will hurt, and that she'll get ICE CREAM. Thankfully, she's focused on the ice cream.

James asked her what kind of ice cream she is going to have. Her answer: purple.

8 comments:

Shua said...

Ice Cream! We're going to get ice cream! You know what I'm going to do with my first bowl? I'm going to rub it all over me, and I'll be the most beautiful chocolate sudae in the world!

-Bill Cosby

Lindy-Lou said...

As I have mentioned before, I had my tonsils out at age five, and was promised ice cream by the nursy-nurse. I believe her name was Cratchet. I NEVER GOT MY ICE CREAM!!! It's extremely important that Brianna get her bowl of ice cream. And that video was down right scary.

Tiffany said...

Awwww. She is too cute for words, even if she sounds like a bear or a monster.

Becky said...

I bet she will weather the tonsil removing storm like a trooper! Especially with ice cream and other soft treats. I can remember at nearly 31 going into near shock at how much my throat hurt when I had to drink my first sips of plain water and I was barely awake! I think thats why ya do some of this stuff when you are younger. :)

Aunt Becky

Steve and Jamie said...

Wow, that video really freaks me out. I wish I could ship you a huge container of purple ice cream. Good luck!

Mama D said...

Purple ice cream?! She will be in heaven. Okay, a sore heaven, but hopefully Brianna can continue to focus on the IC even after the fact...

WillandTara said...

Did the Dr. say anything about the position of her airway in your fabricated video? Come on James, what kind of surgeon are you?

Just kidding. Hopefully you will all rest easier after it is done knowing she will be less likely to seize and/or die from apnea. Hope you have the popsicles ready and the time to take care of her. Is she a little monster right now (as in attitude). Jonas had a much for the better attitude change after getting his out earlier this year.

Good luck.

Will (PS-I am usually just half serious)

Patty said...

I hope she has a speedy recovery... helped along with lots of yummy purple ice cream!