Sunday, March 9, 2008

Snippets, Tidbits, The Passing of an Age, and Kids Stuff

Brianna refers to herself as "Nana" and she calls Ben, "Me". We don't know why she calls him Me, but it's very cute.

Often, when Brianna is looking for something/someone she will call out, "Waaah you?" (meaning: where are you?) So, when she calls for Ben, she says, "Me-e, waaah you?"

******************

I had a knock on the door earlier this week. It was someone going door to door for Barak O'bama. He asked if I was voting for Barak, and I told him that I was undecided. He left a brochure-type thing for O'bama.
When I shut the door, Ben wanted to know what that was all about. I told him that it was time for us to choose a new President of the United States, but that I wasn't sure who to vote for yet.
He said, "I know who you should vote for."
Me: "Oh ya, who is that?"
Ben: "Daddy!"


Then, after we actually voted, James and I were talking about who we had voted for, and Ben said, "I wish I could vote. I would vote for Daddy! Then he would be President, and he could tell everybody what to do!"
James: "Actually, there would be a lot of people trying to tell me what to do."
Ben: "Ya, but then you could just say, 'YOU, . . . get out of here!!' . . . Mommy, why didn't you vote for daddy?"
Me: "Well, because I REALLY don't want daddy to be President. He would be gone even more than he is now."
Ben: "He would???!"
Me: "A LOT more."
James: "Yup. If there's one person more busy than a resident, it would be the president!"
Ben: "Nevermind. If I could vote, I would vote for my toys. Then no one would have to work, and we could all be free!"

**********************

My sister, the one who got me into blogging, the one who, in trying to get me to start a blog, wrote, and I quote, "Please imagine me with a gun to your head demanding it. I want it that bad. :)" She has retired from blogging.
I think I'm in mourning. Everyday, for the past two years, I've been able to visit her in cyberspace. To find out what's going on in her life, be entertained, be educated. Now, abruptly, that connection is gone. If she weren't my sister, and if I didn't know I'd be able to communicate with her again, I would be angry and feel cheated. But, I know that I will have the opportunity to bask in her genius humor, her charitable personality, and her incredible writings again someday! . . . At least I better!!!

**********************

We had a "blizzard" here this weekend. It was a respectable snow storm which left about a foot of snow on the ground -- more where there were drifts. So, when I found out that Church was cancelled, I said, "We're not in Utah anymore!"

Today actually turned out to be beautiful and sunny! We were able to have Church at home. James invited two of our friends' families over for Church. It was very nice. James had set up the basement for church. He made three rows with our couches and futon. Then he had speakers set up with prelude music playing. He got his laptop set up to accompany our hymns. And he prepared the sacrament. We had two wonderful lessons by our friends -- one for the grown-ups and one for the kids.

Then we all shared a wonderful dinner! It was a great "snow day." I doubt we'll see any more of those -- especially not where we're moving. Oh, there'll be snow, they just won't cancel anything for it.

Well, at least we will have fond memories of the time when we had Church at home. Ben said, "Today was the very best Church EVER!!"

*********************

Thank goodness for antibiotics! Our sweet baby girl has been sick once again. She had quite the swollen lymph nodes on both sides of her neck, just below her ears. She was miserable, and feverish, and hadn't slept well for several nights in a row. But, after two doses of the antibiotic, she slept for fifteen hours straight and woke up feeling much more like her sweet, cheery self!

She is such a little ray of sunshine! Her middle name is so very appropriate: Joy!

********************

In Nursery, a few weeks ago, Brianna noticed that another little girl's nose was runny. She went over to the table, got a tissue, wiped the girl's nose, and threw the tissue in the garbage! She is 20 months going on 20 years!

12 comments:

John said...

Thanks for sharing. I love your little glimpses into your life.

And thanks for being a sister who still believes in blogging. :-)

Lindy-Lou said...

Love it! Love it! Love it! Every word and the laughs and sweet feelings generated thereby.

Andi Sherwood said...

Great tidbits. :) I love toddler talk. They say the cutest things. :)

Ditto on John- thanks for still blogging. :) I'll miss your sisters blog too.


:)

Jesse C said...

Good, good stuff. I fear that perhaps adding my blog to Tiffay's blog roll was the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back. So I will take the blame for Tiff's retirement. You can comment mean and threatening things on my blog until I quit and she comes out of retirement.

Leslie said...

Aw, Jesse! Don't take the blame! I love reading your blog, keep it up! And, John, you're welcome. :)

Tiffany said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry! Retire is the wrong word. I'm just gone for a bit. I really have missed it this week. I promised myself a month off, then I'll figure things out from there. I still read all the family blogs (No, Jesse, you are not responsible!) and I am planning a triumphant return.

Anyway, I love these snippets. Ben and Brianna are so dang cute! And in the coming election, I think I am going to vote for Ben's toys as well, because, hey, I believe in freedom!

Leslie said...

Yay! Tiff! I understand your need for a break. Really, I do. I just miss you, and frankly, you and I aren't the best at using a telephone!
So glad to know you're still around! Take whatever time you need! Your family and friends will always be here for you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the snippets, I love hearing about the kids. They are so very special. I will miss Tiff's blog also. Tiff, What are you thinking? MOM M.

Patty said...

I love it when you share your children's tidbits!
I agree with Ben... let's all vote for his toys! I'll make sure not to write in James' name... the last thing you need is him gone even more!! (Although I think he'd make a great president!)

Cassie Rakes said...

Too cute once again. And yes I very much enjoy living in an area where for a light dusting schools/church can and will be cancelled. And tell Brianna sometimes I like to look for me too.

kjha said...

I love it all! What a great perspectve Ben has...maybe he should run for president!

Papa D said...

I can see Ben running for President so he can tell everyone what to do. *jk*

On a personal note, I'd really like your thoughts on my latest post. No pressure, but I thought of something you said once when I was writing it.