Thursday, February 28, 2008

Recent Pictures

This is a meager attempt to show the work that my mom and I did. This picture fails to show the depth of the boxes. They are two deep, and equally high. This is the stuff that we put into storage. The pile of stuff we threw away, and/or donated, I believe would rival this. Whew! That was a LOT of work! 'Couldn't have done it without you, mom!! Thanks!!

This was one of those moments that makes your heart melt, as a parent. Brianna usually likes to run around and play during scriptures and prayers. This night, however, of her own accord, she knelt down, and folded her cute little hands. Ben then wanted to be right. next. to. her. So precious!
Tonight, Ben made a "bed" out of our couch pillows for he and Brianna! They were having SUCH FUN!!
And, here, Brianna is playing a game on Daddy's PSP, while receiving a great deal of coaching from Big Brother!
Last, but not least, Daddy and Brianna having a photo-shoot just before Church! They completely adore each other -- as is proper!!

14 comments:

Andi Sherwood said...

Super cute! How fun and congrats on the organizing and dejunking. :)

:)

Shayleen Lunt said...

You have to be feeling pretty good right about now! Those are great pics. And having time for a photo shoot before 9am church...that is good.

chelle said...

Wow! I think you have us beat with the boxes piled in the garage. WTG!!
Gosh it must feel amaaazing!
Great pics too btw.

Cassie Rakes said...

Good job on the dejunking, I don't even want to think about that phase yet. And I love the pic of Brianna and Ben praying, her little hands are really the cutest, and I just love Ben to death, although he will always be my little singing sunbeam in the front row.

Mama D said...

What fun pics, and what a treat to have your mom come to help you dejunk and store things. The pic of the kids praying is priceless!

Anonymous said...

As always I love the pictures of the kids, you can never post enough of them to make me happy. I have recently checked out about 10 books on organizing and de-cluttering your house from the library. I believe they are under a pile of junk somewhere! Now isn't that ironic? MOM M.

Anonymous said...

I thought you and mom only played the whole time she was out there. J/K That was quite a pile. Kids are sure cute and full of personality.

Dad C

Lindy-Lou said...

Great pictures, Les. What fun we had. It's so much easier to declutter someone else's house. I hope Dad and I get around to doing our own while we can, and not leave it to you kids. I used to think, oh, they will enjoy going through these things. Not. It's our job. YOu better hope we get it done. YOu've been there, what, 4 or 5 years? We've been here 32 years this summer. OUch. Anyway, thanks for the memories I have of 10 wonderful days with the Merrells. Love those kids!

Anonymous said...

What I liked most about when Ben knelt by Brianna to pray, is that he then spontaneously helped her to pray. It really did melt my heart.

heather said...

I have a whole storage unit full of crap and I still have a house full of stuff. I know it must feel very liberating to be clutter free. Isn't amazing how much stuff we don't need but is all over our houses.

Papa D said...

So you've visited our house, Heather?

John said...

I'm completely jealous that you always seem to think of capturing those great moments with your camera. I on the other hand have mostly inherited our father's photographic instincts.

Thanks for sharing.

Patty said...

Great pictures! Ben and Brianna are sooo precious!!

Jesse C said...

Great photos Les.