Brianna has been teething again (has it ever really stopped??), and her poor little gums have been so sore that she has been just miserable. All day long she asks for food or drink, but then it hurts too much to actually consume it, and she ends up screaming. Poor little thing. We do our best to numb her gums and give her Tylenol or Ibuprofen, but sometimes it's just too much for our little Princess.
I was surprised last night to wake up at around 3:00am to hear her calmly saying "Ow. . . . Ow. . . . Ow." Now, I love my children, but I am not one to jump up in the middle of the night if things sound under control. So, I laid there, hoping against hope that she wasn't really in that much pain and that she would just go back to sleep. Then she yells, "MO-om, NEeed You!" I swear, it was that clear. I laughed out loud as I got up to rescue her.
I was having trouble locating the Tylenol, but I found the stuff to rub on her gums. Normally, she kind of fights against this at first, not last night. Not only did she open her mouth right up, but she kept giving me the tube and signing "more". Considering that she must have been in a great deal of pain, I am amazed at the fact that she was simply delightful. She was cheerful and talkative. She found the lights and shadows of the night fascinating.
All in all we were up for about an hour, but she truthfully made it a wonderful hour with my sweet girl!
I was surprised last night to wake up at around 3:00am to hear her calmly saying "Ow. . . . Ow. . . . Ow." Now, I love my children, but I am not one to jump up in the middle of the night if things sound under control. So, I laid there, hoping against hope that she wasn't really in that much pain and that she would just go back to sleep. Then she yells, "MO-om, NEeed You!" I swear, it was that clear. I laughed out loud as I got up to rescue her.
I was having trouble locating the Tylenol, but I found the stuff to rub on her gums. Normally, she kind of fights against this at first, not last night. Not only did she open her mouth right up, but she kept giving me the tube and signing "more". Considering that she must have been in a great deal of pain, I am amazed at the fact that she was simply delightful. She was cheerful and talkative. She found the lights and shadows of the night fascinating.
All in all we were up for about an hour, but she truthfully made it a wonderful hour with my sweet girl!
10 comments:
Kids really are amazing.
Our favorite teething gel is Hyland's - a wonderful, divine gift, imho.
What a sweety! It's so fun to hear about all of the great things your kids do!
Poor Brianna! It is sooo hard to watch them go through painful experiences. How wonderful that you could see the positive side of being up with her in the night.
There are some amazing moments with kids... even in the middle of the night.
The Hyland's that Ray mentioned are actually homeopathic teething tablets (not a rubbing gel) that dissolve under the tongue for almost instantaneous relief. They are a MIRACLE for teething babies!! Wish I would have known about them for my older kids. I love this stuff so much it has become a constant baby shower gift with whatever else I give!
Good luck with the teething. Tough moments at times...
I'm so sorry. I feel really lucky (so far) to not have bad teethers. Hopefully it won't last much longer for Brianna.
how sweet. that's a neat story. i hope she feels better very soon. it's hard to be a baby sometimes.
carrie, tell me about it. My wife says it's hard being married to a baby sometimes.
Oh my goodness, she is so sweet! And the chicken costume--way too adorable.
Some of the sweetest times I had with my kids was in the middle of the night when they needed me. I was always sorry they were sick, but grateful that I could be there for them. MOM M.
I HAD forgotten that the second year of life is "The Year of the Teeth." I wish I could say that my hour up in the night last night was as enjoyable. Christopher is working on two molars. Ouch!!!
Post a Comment