Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Um . . . Goodbye Dolly??

Free to Good Home, or at least a home that doesn't mind middle of the night howling and barking, and who has no need for in-tact screen doors!

This is the ad which will be placed SHORTLY if things don't improve dramatically very soon!

9 comments:

Corrie- said...

Yikes. Sounds stressful there. Dolly must not be appreciating her new family. You need to call the Dog Whisperer.

Shayleen Lunt said...

Funny - Ben never mentioned (today at the park) being up all night from a howling dog. Good to know that someone slept through it!

Anonymous said...

The Good comes with the bad. In the end the good wins. Or not.

Anonymous said...

She needs to know you love her. She misses her former family. It's hard to bond to an outside dog, don't you think? Like you should listen to me. It's going to be the testimony of dogs that keep me out of heaven. Maybe that's why you should listen to me.

Anonymous said...

Hah! Welcome to The Land of Second-Guessing Yourself! I've already set up camp here. Come, sit by my fire and have a s'more.

Our nights have progressively gotten better with Lucy. However, I have no idea what to do with an outside dog. My suggestion is to consult The Great and Powerful Internet. Although, that's what got me in my mess in the first place...

My sis-in-law says that The Dog Whisperer (TV show) is playing a marathon this week on the National Geographic channel. I've heard lots and lots of good things about this. Wish I had the channel....

Good luck. I think you'll make it. I've already survived a week.

Anonymous said...

STICK WITH HER. YOU ARE NEW, AND NOT PART OF HER ESTABLISHED PATTERNS. I AM SURE SHE, AND YOU, WILL ADJUST. YOU MIGHT CALL HER FAMILY AND ASK IF THIS IS HER REGULAR BEHAVIOR. OF COURSE, I WOULD BRING HER IN AND SLEEP WITH HER, BUT I AM CRAZY ABOUT ANIMALS! MOM M.

Pampered Princess said...

Hey Leslie. Sounds awful. Our new dog was crying in the night, but she is in a dog crate in the family room. Now, she is doing great. Could your Dolly sleep on a blanket or something in the garage at night? That's what we did with our "outside" dogs at night all throughout my childhood. Hope you find a solution. Barking dogs drive me batty!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

If you could love Waggs enough to buy him and bring him home you could love any dog.

I still miss little Benji.

Becky said...

We had a dog that barked and howled like crazy at night, especially when sirens were going on anywhere close ... which was often since we lived on the fire truck route! It was sooooo annoying! (and sleep distuptive!)haha Perhaps you need earplugs? But then, you cant hear the kids either!
Aunt Becky