Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Love of My Life




Yesterday, James turned thirty-three years old! Wow! Do you know how old thirty-three was when I was a teenager? Whoa! Well, times change, and thirty-three is the new twenty-three, or something like that. What does that sort of comparison mean anyway?? It's like saying "green is the new pink" for baby accessories. Whatever.


Anyway, back to my sweet husband. I have been so blessed to be his wife. He is such a great guy! I often think of what Sister Hinckley said of President Hinckley, something to the effect of "He always gave me wings and let me fly." I'm sure that's not exactly how she said it, but that is how James has always treated me. He loves me and treats me so well. He always supports me in any of my desires or ambitions. He balances my craziness and over-reactions. He is wise and kind-hearted. I have learned so much from him, and am glad that I have an eternity to continue learning from him.


Oh, and on the subject of getting older, ... the first time I actually noticed some white hairs peppering James' temples, I was struck with the strongest, deepest emotion and thought that I am so happy and so lucky that he is the man with whom I get to age and experience life!


Happy Birthday, Sweetheart!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to James! You two are a a great couple and I'm so glad you found each other!

Hilary said...

Happy birthday James! And Leslie, I don't anything about my cousins anymore, so I love reading your blog to get to know about your family. I always thought James was a great kid, though he is closer in age to me than I remember, so I guess he's not a kid anymore is he?! That's what happens when our family doesn't have family reunions anymore.....time for another one? Love, Hilary

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, James. We are getting very excited to have you guys closer. Hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Jamesie dear Soon you will be living much more near. All of this fills me with lots of cheer So Happy Happy Birthday Jamesie dear.
I believe I'll remain anonymous for this creative effort.

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone. I love you guys and I look forward to living closer soon, and being able to actually come to family events, family reunions etc. It seems everyone has been growing up since we left, me included. Sigh. . .

Corrie- said...

Happy Birthday James! You don't seem sad in the least to move west, we'll miss you bunches when that times comes. Wishing you the best!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday James. I gave you a shout out happy birthday on CrowleyFam but I don't think anyone looks at that. Hope this year is great for you.

Anonymous said...

I AM DAYS LATE, OF COURSE, BUT...I CAN ONLY AGREE WITH LESLIE. MY JAMES IS VERY SPECIAL AND DEAR TO MY HEART, HAVING GROWN HIM UNDER IT FOR NINE MONTHS! I LOVE THE BOY HE WAS, AND THE MAN HE IS. MOM M.

Shayleen Lunt said...

Happy Belated Birthday James. I have often wondered if you are ALWAYS as kind as seem - Leslie has made it obvious that you are.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday James!!!