Thursday, March 15, 2007

Princess On The Move

After four rounds of antibiotics and a perpetual ear infection for the last three months, Brianna received tubes in her ears on Tuesday. She did great and the surgery went smoothly. They said that they anticipated no complications. They did, however, warn me that she may be clumsier than usual for the rest of the day from the anesthesia.

Clumsy?? Ha! Not our little Princess. Instead, Brianna took the opportunity to begin crawling! Not in the traditional sense of the word, mind you. She has developed her own unique method of crawling. She always begins from a sitting position, leans forward and places her hands on the ground. Then, she puts one foot on the floor, while keeping the other leg in sitting position. With her hands and with her one foot, she maneuvers around the floor. I think that she feels that it would be beneath her dignity to crawl on hands and knees. (Maybe that stems from the 'Princess' nickname?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad she's doing well! And I definitely want pictures of this crawling method. It sounds like one used by my neighbor's little girl. It was adorable.

Anonymous said...

Loved the post! That little girl is so darling. You've got to take a photo or better yet a movie. I know there's a cool way to put movies into blogs--but I don't know how to do it so there isn't really much point to my writing this. :-)