Monday, February 12, 2007

Brianna's Blessing



This is the only picture we have from Brianna's blessing day. We snapped it just before we left for Church. Brianna is wearing her blessing dress, and the dress she will wear at the temple. Trust me, it is beautiful even though you really can't see it in the picture. Ben is wearing his new suit. He was pretending to be a missionary shaking my hand.

We were, of course, planning to take pictures at Church, after her blessing. However, since I always have to leave Sacrament meeting 5 minutes early to go set up chairs in Primary, we totally spaced the picture taking. Oh well, the blessing is the important thing, and Brianna received a beautiful blessing from her Daddy. I have had several people comment that that is one of the most beautiful blessings they had ever heard, and that they had never heard a blessing like it before. It was very special, just like Brianna.





This is Ben's drawing of Brianna's blessing. James is on the right, holding Brianna (the cute little one in the middle). There are a couple of other brethren helping. The words are coming out of James' mouth. I asked Ben about the scary looking guy up above the rest. Ben said, "Oh, he's there to remind us to not be scared, because this is a happy thing."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the drawing. Hurry and get here--we miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hope all goes well on your adventure out here today. Mom and I are concerned about you and James and the kids, it's going to seem like a super long day & in reality it really is.

Dad