At the encouragement of my brilliant younger sister, and with the picturing of a gun to my head, I have agreed to give this "blog" craze a go. However, as I sit here, looking at this blank "posting" template, I find myself somewhat intimidated. Actually, as of just over a year ago, I had no idea what a blog even was. Now I am jumping in with both feet.
I have always had trouble keeping a journal, for the simple reason that I always felt that I had to write something meaningful, or clever, or both every time. I read once that to get past those kinds of thoughts, you have to give yourself permission to fail. And so, I give myself permission to fail, and fail miserably. It really is a good philosophy that frees me up to try things I otherwise wouldn't (such as a blog, for instance). And, it applies to so many things.
I have to tell my son many times when he's trying something new, that it's o.k. to mess up. One of his favorite things to say is "Try, try again! Never give up!" (Of course, that usually applies to his parents when we have failed to do something that he has requested of us. But, occasionally he will listen to his own advice.) It is good advice.
Any other good advice for a first-time blogger?
Family pic 2020
2 months ago
7 comments:
Great first blog! You're a natural blogger! I think that is a complement, but really it sounds like something I pick out of people's noses at work. I really like the title of your blog, it's very creative. And, it is ok if every post isn't creative or funny. I ought to know, I've read blogs several times, and even though I don't play a doctor on TV, I do at home, and sometimes at work.
Great to have you on board. I do suggest lots of pictures. People just love pictures. Try to post often even if it isnt that exciting of a subject - it will still be something for me to read.
Welcome to the blogging world. I look forward to visiting often. And I would think that reading the random thoughts that make up my blog would take any pressure off you.
With the birth of "through Rose-colored glasses" fully one half of our children are bloggers. I agree with doc about the term. It sounds rather gross at first hearing. But I've come to love the idea if not the word. As a matter of fact, I admit I am addicted to the blogs my children produce. Happy Birthday, Leslie Roser. You can't possibly write anything I won't devour with pleasure. Your wisdom and humor have brightened many of my days. Now you have a place to perserve the "Benjamisms" that rightly deserve to be published. I'm a faithful fan already.
I am so excited Rosa!! I will be a faithful fan!
YA!!! I'm so glad you have started a blog. My advice is the same as James'...lots of pictures.
Boy, I wish all my wishes were fulfilled with such haste! I'm so happy you've joined the ranks of those willing to divulge personal details on the world wide web!
My only advice is (and picture Dori from Finding Nemo here): Just keep writing. Just keep writing. Just keep writing, writing, writing.
Can't wait for more!
Post a Comment